Last year before Christmas I introduced you to Bassbuds in ear headphones. Since then my daughter has happily been using them and I have been left lusting after Bassbuds that I could use. They must have been busy, because last week I was sent the brand new Bassboomz to review, a small portable speaker, that is making me sing with joy.
BassBoomz are high quality, portable bluetooth speakers that are small enough to take just about anywhere but pack a big sound. Designed with an innovative Bass Expansion System for an impressive volume-to-size digital amplifier the BassBoomz offer clear and crisp sound as well as deep, rich bass tones.
Honestly I wasn’t expecting too much from such a small speaker. I have had a few over the years and while they allow for better sound then an iPod or cellphone speaker provides, typically the sound falls flat and doesn’t have the same kick as with a larger setup. The Bassboomz blew me away, here’s why:
- The sound is fantastic compared to speakers of a similar size. It’s not one dimensional sound and definitely has a Bass kick.
- I can have my phone in one room and the speaker in another. I love the wireless capabilities provided by Bluetooth.
- I love that it’s also compatible with any audio device that has a 3.5 mm audio jack output.
- Dual connectivity available – connect 2 BassBoomz together for double the sound. I really want to try this out and think I’ll get a second one for my daughter’s birthday just so I have an excuse.
- Small enough to toss in my purse so I can carry my music where ever I go.
- I have gotten about 4 hours of play time on one charge with my tunes cranked. If you listen to your music at 70% volume you can get 5-6 hours of playtime thanks to a built-in high performance Li-ion rechargeable battery.
- Charging is relatively quick and only take 1.5 hours.
Here is a short video I took with a bass heavy song to give you an idea of what it sounds like.
I love BassBoomz and will be picking up a second one. Until the end of the month pick up your own BassBoomz (retail $130 CA) for $46 off with the code BBZ649105. Catch up with the latest by following the hashtag #BassBoomz on twitter and Instagram. You can also find them on Facebook and YouTube.
Disclosure – I was provided with a sample to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed are my own.