Today it’s a battle of the beverages. On the left we have a warm and soothing rum concoction that is sure to warm you up as the weather cools down. On the right, a sweet treat that packs a punch. Both beverages use a uniquely Canadian rum made from spices harvested in the rugged Chic Choc Mountains in Quebec. To produce the rum’s rich and smooth body they use six indigenous spices that create a spicy bouquet with nuances of sugar cane and cinnamon, complemented by a subtle peppery tone. All of these things add up to one perfect Rum for all of your holiday concoctions.
Tell me which one you will try first!
Cider Buttered Rum
- Chic Choc Spiced Rum – 1.5 oz.
- Apple cider – 4 oz.
- Orange juice – 0.5 oz.
- Vanilla extract – 2 dashes
- Salted butter – 0.5 oz.
Yields one portion.
- Load all ingredients in a pan, except butter
- Bring to heavy steam then remove from heat
- Add room temperature butter and stir
- Pour into mug
- Chic Choc Spiced Rum – 1 oz.
- Root Beer 6 oz.
- A Generous Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
Yields one portion
- Pour rum and root beer into a glass
- Gently add in scoop of ice cream being careful to not add too much. Adding it too fast or too much will cause the root beer to bubble over.
- Drink up while singing sea shanties.
Chic Choc Spiced Rum is currently available in Ontario, Alberta, Quebec and New Brunswick. For more information, please visit http://chic-choc.ca/en/.
Disclosure – A sample was provided to facilitate this post. All opinions expressed are my own.