1. Since having kids my sense of smell has remain heightened. That means perfume, and anything else scented can lead to a headache.
2. Having candles burning around 5 kids is just asking for trouble.
For those reasons I gave up on my love of candles and just hope I can find it once the kids are all grown. The sad fact is I still have candles from when my Husband and I got married 10 years ago buried in boxes.
When my friend Carleen, and Scentsy rep extraordinaire asked me about doing a review I didn’t have to think twice. I know that with the assortment of products I was sure to get something perfect. Just to challenge her I made her pick for me. She did great choosing scents and a style that fits right in with my lifestyle.
I was sent a gorgeous Scentsy Mid Sized warmer (Cosmos) and 3 very different scents to try: Cucumber lime, sugar cookie and wishing well. The first one I tested was the Cucumber Lime, I just love the fresh scent of cucumbers. This scent is described as a cool, refreshing blend of mellow cucumber and tangy lime. I would say it was the strongest of the three and the aroma lingered even when the bar wasn’t warming.
Second up for smell testing, Sugar Cookie as requested by the kids. This one is described as a warm, sweet blend of butter, sugar and creamy vanilla. We all really enjoyed this one and kept sneaking closer to the warmer to get a better sniff. I would say that if you were in the process of selling your home that this would be a great one to have going during Open Houses and visits, because it smells like home baking or caramel.
The third one and my favorite, Wishing Well is described as A pool of fresh rainwater, with soothing water hyacinth and subtle green fern. This one is a more subtle sent that lends itself to relaxation. With my sensitive sniffer this was the only one I could run more than 20 minutes. The other scents I turned on the warmer just long enough to melt the wax then turned it off and enjoyed the lingering aroma.
– The decorative warmers are designed to melt scented wax bars with the heat of a light bulb instead of a traditional wick and flame. This makes them much safer to have in a home with small children, although make sure to follow instruction for use to prevent any accidents.
– There is a huge selection of warmers, including plug-in ones, that are sure to make finding the right one to suit your decor a breeze.
– They carry an amazing array of scented wax from sweet to musky and everything in between. Even ones for sensitive noses like mine.
– If you are looking for a home based business and love the product then you can set up shop in a few simple steps. In fact I like the product so much that I was seriously considering starting up my own business. Sadly they aren’t in Quebec yet, but fingers crossed that changes soon. The Canadian market recently opened up so it’s the perfect time to get started with Scentsy. You can visit this page for more information on getting started with Scentsy.
To keep up with the latest special and promotions make sure you head over and like her on Facebook as well. I would love to know what your favorite holiday smell is!