Back when I was a kid in the 80’s, watching The Jetsons was one of my favourite ways to spend a lazy Saturday morning. All the amazing technologies George and his family used every day had me dreaming about having my own jetpack and flying car. I’m sure it’s responsible in part for my love of technology now. While jetpacks and flying cars may be more than a few years off, thanks to all of the technological advances we have made over the past 50+ years, the home of the future that was envisioned is now a reality. Thanks to TELUS we can see how a smart home would function in today’s world. From biometric (i.e. facial recognition) home security, to an intelligent kitchen, to a 4K Ultra HD entertainment experience, the Future Home offers us a glimpse into how new technologies are transforming our lives.
• Biometric security systems will allow us to secure and unlock our homes using facial recognition; we’ll never have to search for keys again.
• Smart fridges will help plan our menus while smart cooktops will guide us through new recipes with step-by- step instructions and even calculate the nutritional value of our meals to make sure we stay on track with our wellness plans.
• A connected home office with an interactive touch table can make commuting a thing of the past and could be a lifesaver when we’re too sick (or busy) to go to the doctor’s office; instead we can virtually visit with our doctors over high-definition video conference.
• Intelligent thermostats and lighting will reduce energy costs; enabling us to control lighting and heating conveniently from our smartphones or tablets.
• Connected sensors and cameras will allow us to remotely monitor our children, pets and even our plants on our smartphones, providing parents with piece of mind like never before.
• Next-generation home entertainment will bring the movie-theatre experience right into our living rooms when the 4K ultra HD Optik TV experience is brought to life on an awe-inspiring 78” Samsung Curved UHD TV.
I took the family to see the TELUS Future Home last year and we were amazed at all the big and small ways that new technologies have been integrated into an otherwise typical looking home. It’s truly an eye opening experience to see how TELUS is bringing the home of the future to life and at the same time demonstrating the potential of future technologies. Technologies that are only made possible with connections that are as fast as the speed of light on its new state-of- the-art fibre optic network.
From Wednesday, July 6 until Sunday, July 17 you can find the Future Home in the Kingsway Mall Parking Lot.
Starting Friday, July 22 until Sunday, July 31 the Future Home will be making a stop at K Days (Northlands). While visiting the home at K Days is free, you will have to payan entry fee to access the fairgrounds..
The Future Home is open to the public between 11:00am – 7:00pm daily.
While visiting the Future Home make sure to enter the contest sponsored by TELUS. Just by entering you have a chance to win a prize pack, courtesy of Samsung, which includes a 55” Samsung UHD LED Smart TV (retail value $1,600), a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 LTE 9.7 (retail value $600) and a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (retail value $850) – no purchase is necessary.
For more information about TELUS PureFibre ™ and the Future Home, please visit https://fibre.TELUS.com/futurehome/.
Disclosure – This is a sponsored post. All opinions expressed are my own.