I am sure we have all been there at some point, standing in front of our kids and suddenly instead of our voice coming out it is the voice of our mother. I know I swore not to turn into my mother for so many reasons, but even so I still find myself spouting words that came out of her mouth without even thinking about it. I didn’t get the “Wait til your Father comes home” because my Mom was a single parent, but here are some of the things I have caught myself saying that she said.
- While rubbing my pointer finger and thumb together “This is the worlds smallest violin playing my heart breaks for you, now get to work”
- Don’t make me come up there.
- Because I said so.
- Life isn’t fair.
- What part of no don’t you understand.
- Some day you’ll thank me for this.
- Do I look like your maid?
- You make a better door then window. Sit down.
- See you later Alligator.
- One. Two. You don’t want me to get to three.
- When I was your age…
- Don’t roll your eyes at me.
- I don’t care what the other kids’ parents said, I said no.
I know I am forgetting some. What are things you find yourself saying?